10/26/12

The Story Of Life

Last year, I met a girl who I had known a little {we'll call her Georgia} about from my step sister (it's complicated but basically my step sister and I are the same age- she went to an elementary school with Georgia and we all finally went to the same Junior High in seventh grade). She had been singing in gigs around our town and she is a pretty good singer. I had looked her up and complimented her in gym class the next day and from then on we became best friends.
We were only two of four girls in our 7th, 8th and 9th grade gym class. We became best friends with the other two girls as well (we'll call them Alex and Marie) and together we were unstoppable. We also had our gay best friend (we'll call him Michael) who made everything a thousand times better. Everything was smileys and rainbows until Georgia began saying things about Alex behind her back like calling her sister a slut, saying her were parents horny bad people and that her dog is vicious. Because she told me those things I was too terrified to go to Alex's sleepover. However, we had a sleepover at Georgia's house a few days before that and Alex's sister came to the door angry that Alex wasn't listening and cussing out Georgia's yapping dogs. Georgia was scared of Alex's older sister a little so when I told Alex this a lunch she got up and left the table. Michael followed her and that's when I began crying because Michael was like a brother to me and I thought Alex hated me. Sheila and Macy were going to Alex's sleepover so they started saying things like "I would be SO mad if someone said that about MY sister." I finally couldn't take it and ran out of English bawling my eyes.
I ignored Alex for a day and then she confronted me. We made up after talking it through, me apologizing saying I would never say shit about her sister. However, Georgia never did.
Every since then things went down hill.
Georgia became more distant so Alex and I became closer.
We suspected it was her dad's doing. You see, he and Alex's dad doesn't have a happy past together (they did some illegal stuff and both got sent to jail). So, in the end, we think Georgia's dad was pressuring her too much with her gigs (seeming how we could never hang out together because she was always too busy) and being Alex's friend. We were later banned from hanging out with Georgia outside of school because her dad blamed us for "Making Georgia go on omegle with us, threatening her music career."
Bullshit. No one will remember her even if she becomes famous. We were only 12\13.
Alex became upset blaming her dad and most times herself. I began to feel pity and hung out with her (also because she was more upbeat and fun then Georgia).
Georgia became mad at me claiming that "Alex is nothing but trouble and that I'm your best friend-you should hang out with me more."
It went on like that until the last day of seventh grade. I was deeply upset because Michael said he would be there on the last day because he ws moving somewhere (still have never found out where- he never emails me back) but we unlocked his locker (he trusted us with his combo) and all of his things were gona and he never showed. However, Alex, Georgia, and I ran around the school without permission and made videos on Alex's iPod. I felt like we were becoming best friends again.
That our dreams of moving in with eachother after high school in Paris was still on.
Touring with Georgia and one day meeting One Direction.
Put looks aren't always promising.
Two weeks after school let out I decided to have a sleepover; all three of us (seeming how Marie and all us had a falling out and weren't close friends) at my house. Georgia arrived first and seemed fine until Alex arrived. Then she became silent, unwilling to do things like dip her toes into the river by my house and altogether seemed depressed. We tried cheering her up and asking her what she wanted to do but nothing seemed to work
The drug power of no sleep kicked in around 3 AM and we all decided to share our deepest darkest secrets with eachother. I had never told ANYONE my secret I had told them. I fell asleep feeling at peace because we were all actually giggling and sharing secrets; feeling closer to eachother.
Wrong.
The day after Georgia began ignoring us; not answering texts and meaningly replying back on Facebook. Finally, Alex confronted her and asked "What's you're problem?"
Georgia - "I have to start pleasing other people besides you and Patty (me). I need some space. Sorry"
I was so upset and she truly did ignore us, even blocking Alex on facebook. I felt fed up and sad. I couldn't take it.
I began crying regularly and spending more time by myself, looking back on the memories.
Like when we would sing One Direction songs together and when we went to one of her gigs and Alex stole a bib from McDonalds.
The more I thought, the more hallow I became.
I began to ignore everything Georgia had told me and spent the night at Alex's (it wan't bad at all- I love her family like my own. Her sisters are very sweet and the one isn't a slut at all). I always kept in contact with Alex- we were eachother's rocks.
Then school came around again.
Georgia became a cheerleader (even though last year she bashed them to no end and stated that she would never become one) and acted like nothing was sour between us all.
That hurt even more- that she acted like nothing was wrong and we had no history.
I became more depressed. I will often have agressive mood swings and punch\throw things, cry myself to sleep, go mute for hours at a time.
I try to make new friends like she has put in our place. But ever since what she did, I have terrible trust and anxiety issues.
If I loose Alex I honestly don't know what I'll do.
I just can't understand Georgia. We went through hell and back, shared dark secrets and were sisters- yet the next day she acts like we are strangers.
Strangers with no happy memories.
I never will admit this to Alex because she literallt hates Georgia but I kind of miss her.
No matter how bipolar she is she was one of my best friends and always had advice on everything. After that fight with Alex about her sister Georgia stayed the night and we sang and laughed and forgot about the hurt.
Sometimes I miss, sometimes I don't.
It's just confusing.
Who can I trust anymore?
Can I even trust myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment